Managing Chronic and Long Term Conditions
Managing Chronic and Long Term Conditions 2022-23
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The module will include:
• Epidemiology • Public health models and approaches • Health improvement • Models of behaviour change • Teaching skills • Understanding the life span • Biology of disease • Understanding and assessing the impact of a range of musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiorespiratory conditions affecting the rural population. • Health coaching • Managing long-term conditions as part of a multi-disciplinary team • Patient education in practice • Communication, concordance/adherance • Health beliefs • Population Healthcare/health literacy • Shared decision making • Hazards and health issues specific to rural communities • Engaging rural communities • Service user perspectives • Reflection • Make every contact count initiative • Innovative practices
-good -60% Very good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module. Good understanding of the management of chronic and long-term conditions. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade B- in the Grading Criteria. -excellent -70%> Excellent understanding of the management of chronic and long-term conditions. Understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and evidence of additional evidence gained by the student. Very good understanding of physiotherapy practice. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade A- in the Grading Criteria -another level-50% Basic understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module. Basic understanding of the management of chronic and long-term conditions. Students will be required to achieve a minimum of C- grade in the assignment to in order to pass the theory component of the module.
- Critically evaluate models of client centred practice and shared decision making.
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of behavioural change techniques used in physiotherapy interventions to improve patient adherence.
- Critically evaluate the wider determinants which affect health and wellbeing and its impact on managing long term conditions
- Synthesise and evaluate rural demographics and its impact on health and social care.
3000 word essay
15 minute individual presentation