Modules for course Q1AB | MA/LING
This is a provisional list of modules to be offered on this course in the 2022–23 academic year.
The list may not be complete, and the final course content may be different.
You can also view the modules offered in the year 2021–22.
- QXL-4432: Linguistics Research Methods (20) Core
- QXL-4400: MA/MSc Dissertation (60) (Semester 3) Core or
QCL-4400: Traethawd Hir MA/MSc (60) (Semester 3) Core
0 to 20 credits from:
- Those without BA Linguistics:
- QXL-4411: Foundations of Linguistics (20) (Semester 1) Core
- These module are core for students who do not have a bachelor's degree in Linguistics or a related subject. Students with a relevant degree should discuss this with their tutor in Welcome Week, who will decide on an exemption. If exempted from these modules, students take an extra 20 credits of Semester 1 modules instead. January intake student should take QXL 4932, QXL 4900 and QXL 4911.
80 to 100 credits from:
- PPP-4005: Methods in Cog & Brain Res (20) (Semester 1)
- QXL-4404: Language Contact & Bilinguals (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4413: EFL Theory (20) (Semester 1)
- QXL-4417: Child Language Acquisition (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4418: L2 speech learning (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4420: SLA and Language Teaching (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4425: Speech Science (20) (Semester 1)
- QXL-4435: Current Issues in Bilingualism (20) (Semester 1)
- QXL-4443: Language and Communication (20) (Semester 1)
- QXL-4447: Language Change (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4449: Psycholinguistics (20) (Semester 1)
- QCL-4470: Agweddau ar Ddwyieithrwydd (20) (Semester 2)
- QXL-4475: Historical Linguistics (20) (Semester 1)
- QXL-4476: Cognitive Discourse Analysis (20) (Semester 1)
- QXL-4477: Using Corpora: Theory&Practice (20) (Semester 2)
0 to 20 credits from:
- QXS-4002: Academic Writing & Grammar (10) (Semester 1)
- QXS-4003: Ad. Vocabulary Use & Reading (10) (Semester 2)
- QXS-4004: Academic Writing and Grammar 2 (10) (Semester 2)
- QXS-4100: Speaking & Listening (10) (Semester 1)
- Non native English speakers are permitted to take up to 20 credits from the following list in place of an optional module if authorsied by the personal tutor