School Of Educational Sciences
Module - PGT
During a series of one to one supervision tutorials students will consider a range of issues relating to their research including: Consideration of key research questions. Literature review and literature analysis related to the research questions. Research methods including ethical considerations. Results and analysis. Relevance and impact of their findings.
Independent literature review, research and study.
-threshold -(C) Adequate evidence of reading and planning. Limited evidence of critical reflection, understanding of key concepts and application of skills. A satisfactory description of research methods and analysis of results: conclusions are drawn from the results. An outline of ethical considerations provided. Sound overall structure and presentation.
-good -(B) Showing insight and good evidence of critical reflection. Sustained and relevant chain of argument, good illustration, a sound basis of evidence and written with clarity.
-excellent -(A) Outstanding in power of analysis, argument, originality, range of information, organisation, and stylistic quality.
- Consider ethical issues related to their research, understand the procedures needed to demonstrate compliance with School, College, University and workplace ethical requirements.
- Demonstrate a critical and balanced judgement when reviewing research papers as part of the literature review.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of research methodology, and be able to justify the research method(s) chosen to address the research question(s).
- Demonstrate an ability to conduct and analyse the results of qualitative and/or quantitative data in appropriate detail.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in relation to the chosen research question.
- Describe how the research was conducted, in appropriate detail.
- Draw appropriate conclusions from their findings, taking into account limitations of the research methods and data.
- Link their findings to the research questions, to key policies, developments in their chosen research area and to the research literature.
Dissertation 15,000-20,000 Words