The Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility programme provides funding for contracted members of staff to undertake a period of mobility abroad and the scheme is open for both teaching and administrative staff.
Staff must commit to a minimum of 8 teaching hours over a minimum of two days at a partner institution (a minimum of five days is strongly recommended) and those staff undertaking an administrative mobility should spend at least 5 days at the host organisation. The maximum duration is 6 weeks and multiple mobilities per year are allowed and participants receive support towards travel/subsistence costs and additional funding may be available for participants with disabilities.The amount of funding varies according to the destination and duration of placement. For example, a 5-day mobility in Berlin would attract a total grant of approx. €875 and a two-week stay in Athens would attract approx. €1,100.
Key requirements of the programme are:
- Mobilities can take place any time from now until September 2019
- Participants make their own arrangements directly with their hosts
- Staff teaching must take place at a partner institution: www.bangor.ac.uk/international/exchanges/incoming/partner
- Staff training could be at any relevant organisation in Europe
- The activity is not funded from any other source
The International Exchanges Office coordinates all Erasmus+ staff mobility applications and members of staff should contact Christine Monks directly for further information.
The International Exchanges Office is happy to support new agreements should you wish to undertake an exchange at a university with whom we do not currently hold an active agreement, please contact Lowri Jones to discuss further.
Further information on the programme is available from: www.erasmusplus.org.uk/teach-or-train-abroad