Archive of the Month
Archive of the month: Conwy Castle and Telford’s Conwy Suspension Bridge
View of Conwy Castle and Telford’s Conwy Suspension Bridge, late 19th century. The photograph was taken before the Conwy Road Bridge was constructed in 1958 which originally carried the A55 until the Conwy Tunnel was built in 1991. Imagine the traffic jams today if that was the only bridge!
From the R.T. Pritchard Collection. The Archives are responsible for the care and storage of the early College Records as well as our Archives Collections and General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts. All of these manuscript collections are bound by one common factor, their relevance to the history, people and topography of North Wales. However, their subject areas are wide ranging and are of national as well as local historical interest. All images, photographs and documents appearing on this page are subject to copyright restrictions.
Publication date: 6 September 2013