Archive of the month
A crowd of dignitaries and local people, attending the laying of the foundation stone of the new University building, on College Road in Bangor. The ceremony took place on the 9th of July 1907, with the foundation stone being laid by King Edward VII. In the background can be seen two houses, Penbre and Bryn Afon, which are today used as University administration buildings.
All images, photographs and documents appearing on this page are subject to copyright restrictions.
Bangor University Archives are responsible for the care and storage of the early College Records as well as our Archives Collections and General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts. All of these manuscript collections are bound by one common factor, their relevance to the history, people and topography of North Wales. However, their subject areas are wide ranging and are of national as well as local historical interest.
Publication date: 30 September 2014