Welcome to the School of History, Law and Social Sciences. As a new student, you are on one of the most transformative journeys of your life and we are delighted that you will be joining us at Bangor University as you embark on the next stage in your education. The new academic year will be here before you know it and we hope you are getting excited about starting your degree with us.
This academic School is home to the following subject areas:
- History, Archaeology and Heritage
- Philosophy, Ethics and Religion
- Sociology and Social Policy
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
This is an exciting time for you - full of new people, places and experiences. Studying at university is an opportunity to make great memories, life-long friends and gain a degree that will enhance your prospects in any number of career pathways. Teaching staff are busy preparing for the new term and will do our best to support you as you settle in your new environment.
Know that we are committed to ensuring that your student experience will be one of quality learning and personal development, and hope that Welcome Week will be the start of enjoyable and fruitful years of study with us.
Our Welcome Week programme has been developed to provide guidance and includes a range of sessions and activities intended to help you become familiar with your surroundings. On the Monday of Welcome Week you will be invited to an induction session. You will also have a meeting with your Personal Tutor who will be able offer advice on modules and answer any questions you may have about your programme of study.
Below you will find details of your Welcome Week programme. Please check it regularly for updates.
- For any questions about your course or Welcome Week arrangements, please contact the School or our Peer Guides.
- You will find lots of useful information about preparing for the start of term on our Welcome to Bangor section.
- For enquiries about enrolment and registration, please contact registration.
- For enquiries about your course or timetable please contact the Student Administration team.
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Professor Peter Shapely
Head of School