If you withdraw from your studies and have been awarded Stafford loans, then the University must calculate how much needs to be returned to your lenders. Details on the University’s refund policy for US loans students can be found here.
It is a statutory requirement that students awarded Stafford loans are considered to be making Satisfactory Academic Progress in order for the disbursement of loans to continue. Details on the University’s policy for Satisfactory Academic Progress for US loans students can be found here.
Consumer Disclosure Information
Institutions that offer US federal student loans are required by the US government to disclose the following consumer information.
- US Department of Education: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Understanding US Loans
- Applying for a Direct Loan – link to www.studentloans.gov
- SmartScholar - Guide to Student Loans Resources
- Bangor University International Education Centre
- US National Student Loan Data System
- Federal Student Aid ombudsman