International Year 1 – Business, Management & Finance
The International Year 1 (IY1), delivered at Bangor University International College (BUIC) provides an intensive combination of first year university subjects modules with extra study and English language skills. The IY1 is the first year of a three-year Bachelors degree.
At BUIC our programmes are taught in small class sizes and we are able to offer small-group teaching, extensive tutor interaction and feedback, and enhanced English language tuition. This will help you improve both your subject knowledge and university study skills before progressing onto Bangor University.
Upon successful completion of the IY1, you will continue to the second year of your chosen degree to study at Bangor University.
You can progress onto the following programmes at Bangor University:
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BSc Banking and Finance
- BSc Business Economics
- BSc Business Studies
- BSc Business Studies and Finance
- BSc Financial Economics
- BSc Management with Accounting
- BSc Marketing
You would study the following modules:
- Business Project and Study Skills
- English for University Learning
- Financial Institutions and Systems
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Economics
- Marketing Principles and Practice
- Mathematics for Business and Finance
- IELTS 4.5 (with no skill below 4.0) with 12 week pre-sessional English programme, or
- IELTS 5.0 (with no skill below 4.5) with 6 week pre-sessional English programme, or
- IELTS 5.5 (with no skill below 5.5)
For students from English speaking countries we may be able to waive our English language requirement if your high school English language grade is at least a C or equivalent.
Academic Entry Requirements:
High School Diploma from your own country, that is equivalent to A Levels or a recognised International Foundation Programme
To see the entry requirements for your country click here.