Dr David Ayling
Division: Financial Studies
Location: Room 1.15, Hen Goleg
Telephone: 01248 38 2174
Previous employment include Metal Box (South Africa) Pty., (Management Accountant), Alexander Howden Insurance Group (Research Officer) and University of Wales (Research Officer for SSRC banking supervision project). I have been a lecturer at Bangor since 1980 and tend to think of myself as a "lecturer in finance, either blessed or cursed with a background in insurance. I have also taught a range of other subjects, including accounting, economics and marketing) and I have a special interest in risk management. I have also supervised a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate projects (including PhDs).
Roles within Bangor Business School:
- Admissions Officer for degrees offered by the Division of Banking, Financial and Economic Studies.
Qualification & Memberships of professional bodies:
- Qualifications B.Sc. (hons) Administrative Science (Aston) 1976
- Ph.D. (Catastrophe Underwriting) (Aston) 1982
- Professional Bodies Member of Geneva Association, IAREP, BAA, EFA,
EAA and UK Insurance Economists (at one
time or another).
"Risk" - from many perspectives
- Books 'Underwriting Decisions Under Uncertainty'.
- The Internationalization of Stock markets'.
- Articles and Chapters 'Various' on Finance, insurance and risk management topics.
- Study Guides for Corporate Risk Management.
Other Professional Interests:
Academic board member for distance-learning MBA run jointly by University of Wales and Manchester Business School.