Dr Ru Xie
Division: Financial Studies
Location: Room 0.17, Hen Goleg
Tel: 01248 38 8119
Senior Lecturer in Banking and Finance
Dr. Ru Xie joined Bangor Business School as a lecturer in November 2010. She previously worked as a researcher at Goethe University Frankfurt. She was also a visiting researcher at Bank of Finland in 2008 and a visiting researcher in House of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt in 2014.
Ru's papers have been presented in various international economic and finance conferences. She won the best paper award in Midwest Finance Association for the category of Banking and Financial Institutions in 2008.
She has several publications in the Review of Finance, the European Financial Management, the Journal of Financial Services Research, and the International Review of Financial Analysis.
- Ph.D. in Finance, Goethe-University Frankfurt, Germany, 2010
- Master in Finance, Otto-von-Guericke University, Germany, 2005
- Bachelor in Economics, Otto-von-Guericke University, Germany, 2004
In Search of Concepts: The Effects of Speculative Demand on Returns and Volume (with Owain Ap Gwilym, Iftekhar Hasan and Qingwei Wang), European Financial Management, forthcoming.
Small Banks and Local Economic Development, (with Hendrik Hakenes, Iftekhar Hasan and Phil Molyneux), Review of Finance, 2015, 19 (2): 653-683.
Foreign Bank Entry in South East Asia, (with Phil Molyneux and Linh H. Nguyen) International Review of Financial Analysis, 30, December 2013, pages 26-35.
Foreign Bank Entry and Bank Corporate Governance in China, (With Iftekhar Hasan) Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 49, 2/March-April 2013.
Market Structure, Capital Regulation and Bank Risk Taking, (with Patrick Behr and Reinhard H. Schmidt) Journal of Financial Services Research, 37, 2, Page 131-158.
Conferences and invited talks
- Invited talk in House of Finance, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany, July, 2014
- 12th Infiniti Conference on International Finance in Prato, Italy, June, 2014
- Financial Engineering and Banking Society (FEBS) Conference in Surrey, UK, June, 2014
- Accounting and Finance Research Colloquium in Gregynog Hall, UK, 2012
- German Finance Association 16th Annual Meeting, Frankfurt, October, 2009
- Invited talk in BOFIT, Bank of Finland, Helsinki, July, 2008
- 25th Symposium on Money, Banking and Finance, Luxembourg, June 2008
- Midwest Finance Association Annual Meeting, San Antonio, US, February, 2008
- The All China Economics (ACE) International Conference, Hongkong, December, 2007
- German Finance Association 14th Annual Meeting, Dresden, 2007
Financial Research Seminar Series - Valuation for Mergers, Acquisitions and Leveraged Buyouts (ASB-4903)
- Investment Banking (ASB-3512)
- International Banking (ASB-3201)
Roles within Bangor Business School
Bangor Business School Career and Employability Officer
Awards and Grants
- Santander Mobility Award in 2014
- Best Paper Award in Midwest Finance Association Annual Meeting in 2008
- Visiting researcher, Goethe University, Frankfurt, 2014
- Visiting researcher, BOFIT, Bank of Finland, 2008
Journal of Banking and Finance, European Journal of Finance, International Journal of the Economics of Business, Kredit und Kapital.