Quantitative Methods Reseacher
Quantitative Methods Reseacher 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
The module will cover a wide range to topics that focus on the analysis of quantitative data gained from either survey or experiments. Alongside a focus on analysis methods students will gain a thorough grounding in issues around the collection of quantitative data be it primary or secondary. Students will gain experience of analysing data using multiple techniques (such as different types of hypothesis tests, multiple regression, and modelling). Students will gain an appreciation of the requirements to consider mediation and moderation models.
-threshold -Satisfactory standard (50-59%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills.Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
-good -Average Standard (60-64%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed.Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.High Standard (65-69%): Very good performanceMost of the relevant information accurately deployed.Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work'sobjectives.Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills
-excellent -Excellent standard (70%+): An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Acquire a working knowledge of analysis techniques using SPSS and Amos.
- Analyse data applying techniques (such as regression analysis, multidimensional scaling, hypothesis testing) to understand perceptions, attitudes, and behaviour.
- Apply managerial judgement, analytical and critical skills to interpret and understand the relevancy of quantitative research data.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the research process applying a quantitative approach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of statistical results in journal articles and other academic sources.
Data Analysis Report
CRITICAL METHODS ESSAY