Quantitative Methods Reseacher
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Edward Shiu
This module introduces you to key concepts in the design of quantitative research and key analysis techniques used by management researchers in academia and practice. This module uses a problem-oriented approach to learning and the structure of the lectures and computer-based workshops aims to provide a theoretical and practical understanding of quantitative data collection and analysis issues. Key quantitative analysis techniques are covered include hypothesis testing, regression, experimentation and structual equation modelling.
The module will cover a wide range to topics that focus on the analysis of quantitative data gained from either survey or experiments. Alongside a focus on analysis methods students will gain a thorough grounding in issues around the collection of quantitative data be it primary or secondary. Students will gain experience of analysing data using multiple techniques (such as different types of hypothesis tests, multiple regression, and modelling). Students will gain an appreciation of the requirements to consider mediation and moderation models.
Satisfactory standard (50-59%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Average Standard (60-64%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
High Standard (65-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills
Excellent standard (70%+): An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Demonstrate an understanding of statistical results in journal articles and other academic sources.
Apply managerial judgement, analytical and critical skills to interpret and understand the relevancy of quantitative research data.
Analyse data applying techniques (such as regression analysis, multidimensional scaling, hypothesis testing) to understand perceptions, attitudes, and behaviour.
Acquire a working knowledge of analysis techniques using SPSS and Amos.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the research process applying a quantitative approach.
|Data Analysis Report||50.00|
|CRITICAL METHODS ESSAY||50.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Reading time, preparing and taking assessments.
2 hours a week for 10 weeks (20 hours) plus 4 hours a week for 2 weeks (8 hours) of lecture.
|Practical classes and workshops||
6 two hour practical lab sessions teaching quantitative techniques using SPSS and Amos.
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.