Applied Business Projects (MBA Info Mgt students only)
Applied Business Projects (MBA Info Mgt students only) 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 3
Summary of Course Content: This should be a summary paragraph of list of the topics to be covered by the module.
A. Students will choose 2 Applied Business Projects for Information Management from the list below. It is likely that a small number of additional projects will be made available depending on the research interests of new staff and it is possible that the menu of projects might vary slightly from year to year within an equivalent structure.
• Business Planning • Operations Management • International Business • Behavioural Finance • Management thinking in a rapidly changing world
B. Software Hut - this elements enables students to understand the principles of software engineering through project planning, design and software development through the group implementation of a software product for a real world company
-threshold -No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills.Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
-good -Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed.Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.High Standard: Very good performanceMost of the relevant information accurately deployed.Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work'sobjectives.Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Actively work in a software development team.
- Behavioural finance learning outcomes
- Convey knowledge of requirements documents
- Creation of accurate and detailed design documents.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of software created in a professional manner to a customer.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the process of establishing a venture from idea generation to the completion of a business plan.
To follow the process of developing a business plan through its various stages, including business description and the market, development and production, sales and marketing, management team and the financial plan
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse the conditions in the international environment that drive trade between nations and the issues facing companies and governments.
Provide insights into the behaviour of consumers, workers and managers in multinational enterprises (MNEs), small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as well as the public/governmental sector.
- Demonstrate understanding of problems associated with fixed term projects.
- Explore the wide range of design processes associated with operations management, including service and product design, process design, location layout design
and human resource design;
Assess the suitability of operations management tools and techniques
- Show overall understanding of the stages of the Software Engineering process
Applied Business Projects (dissertation reports)