Advanced GIS & Remote Sensing
Advanced GIS & Remote Sensing 2023-24
School Of Natural Sciences
Module - Semester 2
- Using Model Builder to automate complex and repetitive tasks in ArcGIS.
- Using ArcGIS Network Analyst to perform network analysis tasks such as calculation of shortest routes, travel times, multi-vehicle route optimization, and location allocation.
- Introductory concepts in Remote Sensing.
- Performing land cover classification of satellite images.
- 3D modelling of landscapes.
- Creating map animations.
- An ability to automate complex and repetitive tasks in ArcGIS using Model Builder.
- An ability to develop advanced map renderings, specifically 3D models and animations, using Global and Local scenes in ArcGIS.
- An understanding of basic remote sensing concepts and the ability to extract and calculate environmentally relevant information from satellite images.
- An understanding of network data models in GIS and the ability to use Network Analyst extension to perform network analysis tasks.