Enterprise Design & Modelling
Enterprise Design & Modelling 2022-23
Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Pheirianneg Electronig
Modiwl - Semester 2
• Finite Element Method. General introduction. Elements in 1D, 2D and 3D. Element considerations. Example electric field calculation
• Theory. Flow equations (Mass/momentum conservation, Navier Stokes), Thermal equations (Thermal field, Heat transfer), Electomagnetic equations (Electrostatic, conduction, magnetic field), Mechanical stress/strain.
• Problem generation. Geometry generation, Boundary conditions, Meshing and mesh design considerations. Solution methods.
• Post processing. Field presentation, data extraction. Limitations and errors • Methodology. Descretisation, parametric processes, multiphysics modelling, modular design
• Introduction to Comsol Multiphysics Geometry creation and meshing. Model specification. Boundary and material specification. Solution processing. Simulation management. Post processing
• Literature survey of chosen topic. Inspection and problem identification. • Analysis of chosen problem and identification of controlling parameters. Optimisation of design to meet given specification
-threshold -Equivalent to 50%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence. -good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication. -excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Employ a standard approach to the design and modelling of electronic, optical, and multi-physical systems.
- Model physical systems using the Finite Element method and appropriate simulation software.
- Optimise parameters and design for given scenarios.
- Present, using appropriate media, design and simulation findings to their peers, assessors and other engineers.