Advanced Sensor Systems
Advanced Sensor Systems 2023-24
School of Computer Science & Engineering
Module - Semester 1
Indicative content includes:
- Review of Sensor principles – definitions, desired qualities, sensor system elements, deflection methods, input-output configurations, interfering and modifying inputs.
- Introduction of Microsensor systems – Advantage and disadvantages of microsensors, signal conditioning and processing description, advantages of silicon and fibre optic technologies.
- Description of components, types and applications of thermal, mechanical, magnetic and chemical advanced sensor systems.
- Advanced applications of smart sensors and systems – desired qualities – examples and applications – a look to the future.
- The latest development, hot topics, and technology trends.
- Analyse the performance and qualities of a range of smart sensor systems.
- Appreciate the state-of-the-art and emerging technologies and methods within the field.
- Describe advanced sensor systems and the fundamental principles.
- Paraphrase the design and operating principles of a range of silicon and fibre optic sensors and systems.
- Summarise silicon and fibre optic technologies and discuss the advantages of these in sensor fabrication and operation.