Virtual, Mixed/ Augmented and Mediated Reality
Virtual, Mixed/ Augmented and Mediated Reality 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 2
Indicative content includes:
- Foundational principles of (X)R (Virtual Reality, Mixed/Augmented Reality) interaction paradigms and related environments.
- History, state-of-the-art and Future of (X)R
- XR Interfaces, services and hardware platforms
- Registration and tracking Mechanisms for XR
- User Experience of XR applications
- Presence and Immersion
- XR Application Programming & Development
-threshold -Equivalent to 50%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Critically reflect on different emerging XR standards, and their implications in the field's development and adoption.
- Explain and relate fundamental principles of (X)Reality, where X stands for Virtual, Mixed, Augmented and Mediated.
- Formulate development and evaluation strategies, for XR applications and usage scenarios.
- Select appropriate technologies and interfaces to build compelling XR applications.
Literature Review Outline (mind-map)
XR Application Requirements Outline
XR Application Implementation, Evaluation and Reporting