Data Modelling (Rhos) 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 2
Indicative content includes:
● Requirements Specification ● Object Oriented design models and techniques ● Object Oriented system life cycle ● Producing models of the dynamic and static aspects of the system ● Construction of a detailed Use Case diagram and Use Case descriptions ● Construction of Interaction diagrams ● Construction of State Chart diagrams ● Construction of Class diagrams ● Identification of operations ● Visibility of attributes and operations (private, public, protected) ● Specification of appropriate association, aggregation and inheritance relationships between classes ● User interface prototyping
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -quivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Be able to gather and document detailed requirements
- Be able to gather basic requirements from a given scenario.
- Produce models of the dynamic aspects of the system
- Produce models of the static aspects of the system
Data Modelling Specification Produce a data modelling specification in a report format for a given scenario that includes: • Discuss the possible system requirements and how these could impact the design. • A basic class diagram to include all methods and attributes • A Use Case diagram of the main business function. • A prototype to give an example of a possible interface/s (Visual only)
Produce a data modelling specification in a report format for a given scenario that includes: • A full Requirements Specification • A detailed Class Diagram to include all methods, attributes and any association, aggregation and inheritance. • At least one Interaction Sequence diagram • At least one State Chart diagram