General Practice Nursing Sprin
General Practice Nursing 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 2
Topics may inculde:
- Health promotion
- Health screening
- Therapeutic monitoring
- Ear care
- Infection control
- Travel health
- Women’s health
- Men’s health
- Family planning and sexual health
- Triage in primary care
- Supporting long term conditions
- Wound management (treatment room)
- Emergency situations
- Mental health and well being
-threshold -In order to achieve a ‘pass’ for this module, students will be required to achieve a minimum of D- to demonstrate the basic requirements of the role of the practice nurse in relation to the module outcomes
-good -In order to achieve a ‘ very good pass’ for this module, students will be required to achieve an average of B- grade to demonstrate a critical analysis of the role of the practice nurse
-excellent -In order to achieve a ‘excellent pass’ for this module, students will be required to achieve an average of an A- grade the work should demonstrate an excellent logical academic presentation of the role of the practice nurse and achievement of all the expected learning outcomes.
-another level-In order to achieve a ‘ good pass’ for this module, students will be required to achieve an average of C- grade to demonstrate a critical analysis of the role of the practice nurse
- Apply and critically analyse appropriate health promotion and disease prevention strategies within the primary care setting
- Critically evaluate evidence-based medicine and its application to general practice.
- Develop knowledge of a range of appropriate clinical skills such as, wound care, ear care, health screening, travel health, immunisation & therapeutic monitoring.
- Develop skills in person-centred outcomes approaches e.g. motivational Interviewing, personal outcomes approach.
- Explore a variety of acute and long-term presentations within general practice
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)
Multiple choice (True/False) Examination
Clinical Practical Assessment