Clinical Education for AHP
NHS-4523 Clinical Education for Allied Health Professionals (AHP's) 2023-24
Ysgol Gwyddorau Meddygol ac Iechyd
Modiwl - Semester 1 a 2
The module may include:
- Nomenclature (Clinical education, mentoring, supervision)
- The historical background to practice education
- An introduction to the values, belief, attitudes and behaviours required to facilitate clincial education
- An Introduction to adult learning theory
- The values, attitudes and beliefs required to facilitate clinical education
- Practice placement preparation
- Teamwork and it's use in clinical education
- Models of supervision utilised in practice placement education
- Practice placement administration and planning
- Challenging aspects of practice placement supervision
- How to fill out and document practice placement paperwork
- Dealing with a failing student
- Dealing with a challenging student
- Clinical educator?, friend? or colleague? - maintaining professional boundaries
- Profession specific challenges
-threshold -Basic understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module. Basic understanding of professional accountability issues. Students will be required to achieve a minimum of C- grade in the assignment to in order to pass the theory component of the module.
-good -Very good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module. Good understanding of professional accountability issues. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade B- in the Grading Criteria.
-excellent -Excellent understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and evidence of additional evidence gained by the student. Very good understanding of professional accountability issues. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade A- in the Grading Criteria
- Critically evaluate adult learning theory in relation to clinical education.
- Critically evaluate the importance of maintaining a professional boundary in clinical education.
- Synthesise and evaluate models of supervision in clinical education.
20 minute individual presentation
4000 word written essay