BANGOR SCIENCE FESTIVAL -Bangor Science Photo Contest 2016
This competition aims to recognize the talents of scientific photographers and to exhibit images from the range of scientific disciplines within Bangor University.
A scientific photograph can be both a technical document as well as an object of beauty.
Eligibility: Bangor University undergraduates, postgraduates, research, support & academic staff.
Closing Date: 22nd March 2016.
How to Submit: Email your High Quality Image (jpeg format; minimum resolution: 300pixels/inch; maximum file size: 4MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a title and brief description of each image (40 words limit) and where it was taken; Mention your name, email and University affiliation; Each entrant may submit up to three images.
Selection Criteria: Visual Impact, originality, scientific content and technical proficiency.
Prize: £100 to winners of the Microworld category (images obtained with a microscope) and Macroworld category (images not obtained with a microscope). Winning photos and runners-up will be presented to the public on the Bangor Science Festival web site.
Organizer: Stevie Scanlan, College of Physical and Applied Sciences, Bangor University.
Contact Info: email@example.com. For more information on Bangor Science
Festival visit: http://www.bangor.ac.uk/bangorsciencefestival/
Terms and conditions
1. Images submitted must have a scientific content and be the original work of the entrant.
2. Entrants must be at least 18 years old and from Bangor University as stated above. Professional photographers are not eligible.
3. Each entrant may submit up to three images digitally as stated above. The images will be used exclusively to promote the competition Bangor University, and the Science Festival.
4. A panel of judges will evaluate all entries and select a shortlist of runners-up and winner photos according to criteria stated above. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
5. Images may be digitally enhanced (e.g. brightness, contrast adjustment) but the content cannot be manipulated. The competition’s judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe to be excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
6. Winner photographers and runners-up will be notified at the end of Bangor Science Festival via email and may need to provide higher resolution image versions.
Publication date: 29 February 2016