Professor Peter Huxley appointed to Health and Care Research Cymru board
Peter Huxley, Professor of Mental Health Research, in the Centre for Mental Health and Society, has been appointed as a board member for Health and Care Research Cymru.
Professor Huxley will represent the Senior Research Leader group, bringing with him to the role many years’ experience and expertise in the field of social care and mental health.
The Health and Care Research Wales Delivery Board will:
- Provide an advisory function to DSCHR Welsh Government on R&D strategy and policy, particularly in relation to implementation.
- Review progress with national key indicators and targets and discuss achievements, challenges and solutions. Report and review progress and outputs across Health and Care Research funded initiatives.
- Consider and comment on papers and plans presented to the Board on a range of strategic and operational issues.
- Identify and address practical issues, including blocks and barriers to cross initiative working, affecting the delivery of objectives across Health and Care Research Wales.
- Identify and encourage practices that improve complementary working across the Health and Care Research Wales infrastructure.
Further details can be accessed at: http://www.healthandcareresearch.gov.wales/
Publication date: 20 October 2015