CMRP Masters Students’ Research
Below are research projects carried out by CMRP masters students. Where permission has been given, the actual research document is available for download.
- Barkell, L. (2022). What does mindfulness mean to Muslims? A qualitative study of UK Muslims perceptions of mindfulness (MSc thesis).
- Berry, K. (2022). An exploration of the relationship between mindfulness and hypnosis with consideration as to how the hypnotic principles of suggestion might enrich the teaching and guiding of mindfulness meditation (MA thesis).
- Laussucq, A. (2022). The Impact of Mindfulness-Based Interventions (MBI) on Pain and Quality of Life for Cancer Patients: A Systematic Review (MScthesis).
- My journey from boarding school trauma to healing through Mindfulness (MSc thesis)
- Mindfulness Meditation: Courage to Turn Towards Difficulty (MA thesis)
- Please come back: reconnecting with the self and others - mindfulness as a path back to authentic connection and security in intimate relationships (an autoethnography) (MSc thesis)
- Does Secular Mindfulness Have a Spiritual Dimension? A Qualitative Exploration of the Experiences of Those Who Teach Mainstream Mindfulness (MSc thesis)
- Perceptions of mindfulness in the UK legal sector (MSc thesis)
- Exploring Faith-Based Resistance and Openness to Mindfulness-Based Interventions from a Christian Perspective (MSc thesis)
- Moorhead, C. (2021). Mindfulness and dissociation: A cognitive and practical framework for the development and delivery of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for dissociative phenomena. (MA thesis)
- Snuggs, N. (2021). The Mindful Zebra: An autoethnographic enquiry into the effectiveness of mindfulness-based approaches for women with chronic illness. (MSc thesis)
- Perceptions of mindfulness held by Muslim women: A qualitative exploration of barriers and facilitators of inclusion into mindfulness-based programs. (MSc thesis)
- Advances and push backs – An autoethnography about promoting mindfulness in Swiss teacher education. (MSc thesis)
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in mindfulness-based intervention research: A systematic review. (MSc thesis)
- Exploring the effect of bringing mindfulness to daily eating. (MSc thesis).
- Beneath “the smile” – An evocative and analytical autoethnography: Exploring what it means to be a highly sensitive person in a not so sensitive world and the implementation of mindfulness-based approaches. (MSc thesis)
- Developing the skill of sensing towards the cultivation of psychological wellbeing: Investigating how developing the skill of sensing through the practice of mindfulness-based training could be proposed as a pathway by which psychological wellbeing may be cultivated. (MA thesis)
- A reflection on combining mindfulness and creativity in schools. (MA thesis)
- Perspectives on mindful movement: Issues of pedagogy (MSc thesis).
- Evaluating the role of mindfulness training in promoting wellbeing in doctors: A narrative review. (MA thesis).
- A pilot study comparing self-compassion, narcissism and depression between two groups of meditators. (MSc thesis).
- Nature based mindfulness: benefits, connectedness and pro-environmental behaviour (MA thesis).
- Bridging mindfulness-based teaching and diversity: Trainee experience and perspectives: A qualitative study. (MSc thesis).
- Awareness first mindfulness. (MA thesis)
- Mindfulness, implicit bias and racial justice. (MA thesis).
- The language of mindfulness: Studying the relationship between mindfulness and language markers associated with mindfulness, affective processes, prosocial orientation and “being” mode of mind in online microblogging discourse. (MSc thesis).
- Adapting mindfulness for deaf people (MA thesis)
- Evaluation of the impact of a messaging app for mindfulness courses (MSc thesis).
- The mindful jockey: An autoethnographic journey through challenge, motivation and happiness (MSc thesis)
- Defining and measuring mindfulness: A meta-narrative review. (MA thesis).
- Wheeler, L. (2020). An autoethnography of a working class gay woman becoming a mindfulness teacher. (MSc thesis).
- Mindfulness-based forgiveness: A mindfulness-forgiveness programme for religio-spiritual trauma survivors affected by guilt and shame. (MA thesis).
- Pain, perception, habits of mind and beyond: An autoethnography on suffering with pain from the perspective of a mindfulness teacher. (MSc thesis).
- Evans. G. (2019). The impact of 8-week mindfulness course on levels of compassion and wellbeing in mental health professionals. (MSc thesis)
- Girardini, D. (2019). The formative role of retreats in my development as a mindfulness teacher: An autoethnography enquiry (MSc thesis)
- Kozlowski, C. (2019) Mindfulness for Motor Skills in Older Adults (MA thesis)
- Practising what you teach: What is it like to be a new teacher of MBC’s? a qualitative study (MSc thesis)
- Burton, A. (2019). Beginner’s Mind? From Schoolteacher to Mindfulness Teacher. An Autoethnography (MSc thesis)
- Does retreat experience contribute to the development of mindfulness teachers? (MSc thesis)
- Johnson, G. (2019). Interest as a conceptual frame for enhancing the capacity for self-regulated mindfulness practice (SRMP) within mindfulness-based programmes (MA thesis)
- The role of silent residential retreats in Mindfulness Teacher training. (MSc thesis)
- Exploring the role that a mindfulness rhythm and sounds programme may have for well-being in the workplace (MA thesis)
- Study to investigate the extent to which mindfulness home practice affects blood pressure during and 8 week MBSR course. (MSc thesis)
- The role and impact of retreat experiences on the training and development of Mindfulness teachers (MSc thesis)
- Tailoring the delivery of MBSR to the needs of parents of teenagers (MA thesis)
- Nielsen, A. Self-compassion and treatments for anxiety disorders: A systematic review (Download here)
- Addasu Rhaglen Ymwybyddiaeth Ofalgar I’r Cymraeg/Adapting a Mindfulness Programme using the Welsh Language.
Using MBI:TAC domains to assess teacher impact on MBP participants: a feasibility study.
- Evaluating the use of the MBI:TAC in training programmes internationally.
- A qualitative study exploring the participant experience of a leadership development programme that incorporates a mindfulness=based approach.
- How does mindfulness training help people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
- IS there a role for the universal delivery of MBIs for the prevention of female adolescent onset anorexia Nervosa in the school setting? A narrative literature review.
- MBA’s for people with cancer: effectiveness and coping mechanisms
- A qualitative study exploring medical students’ experience of MBCT
- Comparison of mindfulness training and acceptance and commitment therapy in the workplace: Exploring mindfulness skills and values-based action as mediators of change.
- Mindfulness for dyslexic adults in the workplace: a psychological approach.
- MBCT-ca: Anxious worry and emotional flexibility in people with cancer.
- Mindfulness for motor skills in older adults
- MBIs and the existential therapist in the oncology setting
- The effect of nine months mindfulness meditation training on state and trait mindfulness, mental well-being, and perceived stress.
- Practicing what they preach: an Interpretive Phenomenological analysis of psychologists’ experiences of using mindfulness clinically and personally.
- Roberts, M.A. (2017). A review of the good practice guidelines for mindfulness teachers in the workplace (MSc) (download)
- Ashwood, D. Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP-R12) for substance Misuse: A Feasibility Study (MSc) download
- Callaghan, M. Mindfulness-based emotional resilience programme for caregivers – a feasibility study. (MSc) (download)
- Culver, D. The effects of mindfulness and meditation practices on levels of empathy, acceptance, and responsiveness in intimate relationships: A Qualitative study. (MSc) (download)
- Hutchinson, J. Exploring experiences of primary-age children in applying a school-based mindfulness programme to their lives. (MSc) (download)
- Irving, A. Mindfulness Beyond Eight Weeks – Exploring mindfulness teaching that happens after eight-week courses. / (MSc) download
- Lambie, A. ‘Getting it under your skin’: experiences of monthly mindfulness practice support groups. / (MSc) download
- Nolan, N. Is the explicit cultivation of compassion compatible with the modern secular construct of mindfulness: a social constructionist perspective. (MA) (download)
- An Investigation into the Efficacy of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in Enriching Community Wellbeing within Regeneration Areas. (MSc)
- Mindfulness and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: an investigation into the clinician use of Mindfulness-Based Interventions with people who have CFS / ME in the UK. (MSc)
- .b Mindfulness Intervention for adolescents with Chronic Pain. (MA)
- Investigating the lived experience of School Staff delivering Mindfulness in Schools. (MSc)
- A Qualitative study on the implementation of Mindfulness-Based Approaches (MBAs) in Irish Secondary Schools. (MSc)
- School Teachers’ Experiences of Mindfulness Teacher Training and the Implications for Implementing in School. (MSc)
- The Teacher’s View: An exploration with teachers of Mindfulness-Based Intervention courses and the impacts of the environment in which they teach. (MSc)
- Developing an Information Strategy and Plan. Investigating how national information can support the implementation and further research and development of mindfulness-based approaches to improve the health and wellbeing of citizens. (MA)
- Mindfulness Based Menstrual Cycle. (MSc)
- The Role of Mindfulness in Spinal Cord Injury. (MA)
- How do student mental health nurses perceive mindfulness-based interventions in clinical practice? (MSc)
- Mindfulness in Poetry / Poetry in Mindfulness An Autoethnographic Account of why Poetry Matters (to me). (MSc)
- Assessing Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy Groups Within a Primary Care Mental Health Service. (MA)
- Attitude of a selected sample of consultant psychiatrists regarding the implementation of Mindfulness-based therapeutic intervention (MBTI) in Sri Lanka: a qualitative study. (MA)
- A Qualitative Study into Perceived Readiness to Deliver a Mindfulness-Based Parenting Programme by Family Support Staff. (MSc)
- What are the effects of an 8 week Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy course for those learning to manage intrusive tinnitus? (MSc)
- Chaskalson, M. W. (2005). Mindfulness as cognitive training; a contribution from early Buddhist thought (MA) (download)
- An Interpretative Phenomenological analysis of the experience of silence in the mindfulness practice of monastics. (MSc)
- The Impact of Mindfulness-based Interventions of Nurses’ Health, Well-being, levels of Stress and Quality of Life. (MSc)
- Impact of Mindfulness Teacher Training on MBSR Participant Wellbeing Outcomes and course satisfaction. (MSc)
- An autoethnographic study : a personal journey in becoming a mindfulness teacher. (MSc Mindfulness-Based Approaches)
- A Feasibility Pilot Study of the Effects of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) on Symptom Change, Mindfulness, Self-Compassion and Rumination. (MSc)
- How can an adapted MBCT course meet the specific vulnerabilities of women survivors of domestic violence and abuse. (MA)
- A Feasibility Pilot Study of Mindfulness in Problem Substance Use Treatment with Abstinent and Non-Abstinent Users. (MSc)
- The Activation of Mindfulness: What Turns it on, What Keeps it on? (MSc)
- Exploring Participants’ Engagement and Participation in the Mindfulness Training Programme in the Context of the Workplace: A Qualitative Study. (MSc)
- Mindfulness Inquiry Questionnaire for Teachers (MIQ-T), Development and Validation of a Questionnaire. (MSc)
- Towards a Greater Understanding of the Specific Requirements for Older Adults of the MBCT Eight-week Course. (MSc)
- 10 Mindful Minutes a day is it Enough to make a Difference? A Feasibility Study into a low dose Mindfulness-Based Intervention (LD-MBA) and Attention. (MSc)
- The Prevalence and Implementation of Mindfulness-Based Interventions in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services Within the UK: A Pilot Survey and Analysis. (MSc)
- Mindfulness-Based Intervention in Cancer Recovery in a Portuguese Population. (MSc)
- The Effects of Self-Compassion within Non-Pathological Populations: A Systematic Review. (MSc)
- Mindfulness within the therapeutic relationship. / MSc Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- The Inclusion of Buddhist Psychology on Teacher Training Programmes in Mindfulness-Based Interventions. / MA Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Embodied Presence: A Heuristic Inquiry into Mindfulness Teachers’ Experiences of Authenticity. / MSc Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- A Study of Mindful Movement and Sitting Meditation. / MSc Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- On Purpose: an autoethnography of mindful intention. / MSc Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Inquiry on Inquiry: The Phenomena of Inquiry in Teaching Mindfulness / MSc Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Mindfulness-based Approaches and their Effectiveness with Emotional Eating. / MA Teaching Mindfulness.
- A qualitative investigation into the effects and relevance of mindfulness training with healthy conscripted adolescents. / MSc Teaching Mindfulness.
- The impact of a mindfulness-based stress reduction course (MBSR) on sixth-form student well-being and academic attainment. (MSc)
- The long-term effectiveness of a mindfulness-based stress-reduction approach for employees with work-related stress. (MSc)
- Investigating Teaching Interaction in Mindfulness-Based Teaching: A conversation Analysis Approach. (MSc)
- Assessment of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Cancer. (MSc)
- Mindfulness teachers’ constructions of the movement from self-aversion to self-compassion in Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy participants: A grounded theory exploration. (MSc)
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions: A macro conceptual framework proposal. (MA)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Hospice Staff. MSc thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) as an Intervention for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). MSc thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- The Enhancement of Compassionate/Self-Compassion within the Framework of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Programmes. MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Mindfulness Based Teaching in a Recovery College. MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Comparison of Three Training Programmes for Mindfulness Teachers – Analysis and Reflection. MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Diggins, N. (2011) The Role of ‘Attending to Awareness Itself’ in Mindfulness-Based Interventions. MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Dores, R. (2011) A heuristic exploration of experiences of empathy in mindfulness teaching. MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Hawtin, H. (2011) Psychological Interventions Post- Myocardial Infarction: Exploring the potential role of Mindfulness and Acceptance-based approaches. MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Heads, G. (2011) The Effects of a Mindfulness-Based Intervention with Long Term Unemployed. / MSc thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Mindfulness, Ethics and the Teacher: The potential for ethics in teacher training courses. MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- An Interpretive Phenomenological Analysis study of a mindfulness-based intervention for the general population within a non-clinical setting. MSc thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Larkin, F. (2011) Mindfulness and Psychotherapy: An Exploration of the Influence of Mindfulness Meditation on the Self of the Psychotherapist and Their Clinical Work. / MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- What are Feelings in Mindfulness-Based Interventions? Clarification from Early Buddhist Sources. /MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches
- Determining mechanisms of change within mindfulness based cognitive therapy using interpretive phenomenological analysis. /MSc thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Dh. Taravajra (2010) Turning towards difficult experience in mindfulness based cognitive therapy and mindfulness based stress reduction teaching. /MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Jones, I.S. (2010) /Context Oriented Theatre: A theatre based approach to mindfulness, a mindfulness based approach to theatre. /MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Krüger, E. (2010) /Effects of a meditation based programme of stress reduction on levels of self compassion. /MSc thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Cocreating Mindfulness: The context and phrasing of two meditation practices. /MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Compassion, its Buddhist roots, clinical applications and basis in neuroscience. /MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Bamberger, N. (2009) /Associations between mindfulness and indications of recovery from alcohol use disorders. /MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Black, A. (2009) Does poetry matter in the teaching of mindfulness based interventions? /MA thesis in Mindfulness – Based Approaches.
- Carne, K. (2009) /Yoga in mindfulness based training: considerations for teachers. /MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Conceptualisations of mindfulness in psychotherapy and the therapeutic relationship. /MA thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Mindfulness-based distance learning: An exploratory study. /MSc thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Hughes, S. (2007). The effects of mindfulness training for people experiencing distressing voices. /MSc thesis in Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
- Crane, R. (2004). Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy: Teacher training and development unpublished dissertation, Bangor University, UK