A couple of students discussing their work in a lab

Information for Mature Students

As a Mature Student you may have other commitments and responsibilities and your academic and social approach to university may vary.

Halls of residence at the Ffriddoedd Student Village

Accommodation University Owned Accommodation

At Bangor, we offer a wide range of self-catered accommodation, including standard or en-suite rooms.  All single first year single undergraduate students who apply to stay in university accommodation.

Each year we try to designate some rooms for students for whom peace and quiet is important. Details of which hall has been designated as such will be on our website.  These may be suitable, though not exclusively, for mature students who often prefer a quieter environment.


Support for Families

You may arrive at Bangor as a mature student with commitments and responsibilities. We appreciate that you may be relocating with your family or have dependants at home. Find out more about how we support students with families and find more information about childcare, schools and the financial support on offer.


Accommodation for Families

The University does not own or manage any family accommodation. However, students coming to Bangor with their families can search for suitable accommodation in the private sector with help from the Student Housing Office. Visit their website for more information.


It looks like you’re visiting from outside the UK, would you like to be redirected to the international page?