Courses for Staff
We can provide Welsh language skills support for staff in various forms:
- day courses held in June / July; September and January every year
- weekly classes (hour long sessions)
- courses specifically tailored to meet the needs of your school / department
One day courses
The one day course aims to:
- provide a general introduction to various methods of developing Welsh language skills and language improvement;
- raise linguistic awareness by encouraging familiarity with the rules of the language, promoting the effective use of available resources, and by fostering the ability to recognise and correct personal mistakes;
- develop confidence in the use of Welsh when completing work-related written tasks.
The weekly classes are practical workshops focusing on the following:
- writing for different audiences (e.g. staff, students) and different forms of writing (e.g. e-mails, letters, short reports, minutes etc);
- formal and informal writing;
- writing simple, clear and natural Welsh
We will look at specific language issues that arise from these sessions with particular emphasis on staff’s personal needs e.g.
- spelling, vocabulary and technical terms
- common mistakes (e.g. mae / mai, ei / eu, i’w / yw etc).
- the influence of the English language
- using electronic resources effectively (e.g. Welsh on-line dictionaries and spellchecker, Welsh terminology websites)
Courses specifically tailored to meet the needs of your school / department
We can tailor courses to address the specific needs of staff in your school / department.
We can also discuss the possibilities of providing the following::
- on-line support
- one-to-one sessions
For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.