Bangor University’s Students’ Union has a very active volunteering wing that dedicates a total of around 600 hours per week on community projects.
Student Volunteering Bangor (SVB) provides on average 35 community projects in an academic year and promotes a close relationship between the university and the local community.
For more information on current projects, please visit Student Volunteering Bangor’s webpage.
Our students, through their volunteering activities contribute directly to the following Welsh well-being goals:
- A Healthier Wales
- A Wales of cohesive communities
- A more equal Wales
- A Wales of vibrant culture and thriving Welsh language
- A Globally responsible Wales
And the following UN SDGs
- 3. Good Health and Well-being
- 4. Quality Education
- 5. Gender equality
- 10. Reduced inequalities
- 15. Life on Land
- 16. Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- 17. Partnerships for the goals