MSc Dissertation 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 3
Owain ap Gwilym
There is no set syllabus as the tasks required will depend on the topic chosen.
-threshold -Satisfactory standard (C- to C+): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills.Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives
-good -Average Standard (B- to B): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed.Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.High Standard (B to B+): Very good performanceMost of the relevant information accurately deployed.Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work'sobjectives.Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills
-excellent -Excellent standard (A- to A*): An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Apply appropriate analytical, statistical, IT, research design, writing and other research skills in order to present relevant theoretical and/or empirical evidence on the chosen topic.
- Compile, edit, and present a substantial research report.
- Identify a suitable topic for research.
- Make use of library and electronic resources to identify literature and locate data.
- Plan, organise and manage an extensive research project on the chosen topic.
- Synthesize and critically appraise a body of academic literature.
Dissertation for the MSc Research Methodology.