Design, Art, Creativity & Storytelling
Design, Art, Creativity & Storytelling 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1
This module is designed to introduce and develop skills that are essential to the creative process. It gives the opportunity to engine with creative design from exploration to delivery. Students deliver a logbook of their design tasks, and a portfolio case study.
Indicative content includes:
- Sketching (rapid, 2-point, storyboarding, functional, people).
- Technical drawing conventions (including hand-drawing).
- Colour theory, graphic design,
- Communication, narrative and storytelling.
- An overview and appreciation of relevant software
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Apply drawing conventions (including hand-drawing and technical drawing) to design and creative storytelling.
- Demonstrate the ability to sketch, create designs in a meaningful manner.
- Demonstrate use of relevant software used in the creative design process.
- Employ colour theory, graphic design, narrative in a creative context.
Logbook Or Portfolio
- case study topic
Logbook Or Portfolio
- logbook of course material