School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1
• Vectors: Concept and definition. Addition, subtraction, components. Vector multiplication: dot and cross products. Volume integral (scalar), line integral (vector). Differentiation of vectors: Div, Grad and Curl. Triple scalar and vector products. Stoke’s theorem and Divergence theorem.
• Charge and electric flux: force on a charge, Gauss’ law. Capacitance. Electrostatic force and energy storage. Magnetic field and flux. Lorentz force. Ampere’s Law. Biot-Savart Law. Faraday’s and Lenz’s law. Inductance.
• E-M waves and Maxwell’s equations. Displacement current and continuity equation
• Solve and apply the E-M waves equations to interface problems
- Able to use Vector Calculus
- Have a basic understanding of Electricity and Magnetics and how to apply and solve problems using this theoretical framework.
- Understand how a unified theory - Electromagnetism was developed and understand the implications and applications of this theory.