Research Project 2023-24
School Of Human And Behavioural Sciences
Module - Semester 2
Tommie Du Preez
This module provides the opportunity to work closely with, and be supported by, an expert member of staff on a one-to-one or small group basis to help carry out your project ideas. You will have the opportunity to gain ethical approval on your proposal, before collecting primary data, designed to help answer a research question of particular interest to you and the field. This module provides the opportunity to put into practice the competencies gained throughout your Masters across a range of disciplines e.g. subject specific expertise and statistical analytical skills, as well as transferable skills such as critical thinking or being able to disseminate findings effectively to academics and/or practitioners.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of relevant literature to justify a specific research question and associated hypotheses.
- Effectively communicate your Research Project via an academic written report, which should be presented in line with a selected journal article.
- Interpret research findings in relation to current knowledge and indicate how these might inform practice.
- Obtain ethical approval for a research study.
- Select, execute and interpret appropriate statistical tests.
Written Research Project