About This Course
We offer full-time and part-time opportunities to study for the PhD and MPhil degrees. The study may be through the medium of Welsh or English.
There are no specific Education courses or modules that are taken when completing a research degree. However, the University offers skills modules (e.g. in statistical analysis or the use of computers) for all its PhD and MPhil students.
- Education with specialisations in:
- Welsh-medium and bilingual education
- Language and literacy
- Post-compulsory and Initial Teacher education
- Mentoring and professional development
- Action research and classroom research
- School effectiveness
- Special Educational Needs/ Additional learning needs
- Intercultural Studies in education
- Mathematics, Geography or Science education
Read more about research opportunities within the School of Education.
PhD: 3 years full-time or 5 to 6 years part-time.
Applications are invited from all those who have good undergraduate degrees, irrespective of discipline. Those with a Masters degree are normally exempted from the probationary year.