About This Course
Electrical Materials Science with research interests in:
- Electronic and dielectric properties of weakly conducting materials
- Properties of metal, semiconductor and insulating surfaces
- Electrokinetic manipulation of bioparticles
- Lipid films in Langmuir monolayer and bilayer forms
- Metal dielectric and metal semiconductor interfaces
- Interaction of ultrasound with biological materials
- Hydrocarbon polymers Lab-on-a-chip
- Biological polymers, enzymes & cells
- Medical applications of ultrasound
PhD: 3 years full-time; MPhil: 2 years full-time
International Year Zero: HSD GPA 2.0 OR SAT 1500+
International Year 1: HSD GPA 3.0 OR SAT 500+ each section OR ACTs 26+
Undergraduate Courses: HSD GPA 3.0 OR SAT 550+ each section OR ACTs 26+
Postgraduate Courses: Bachelor Degree GPA of 3.0. GRE not required
PhD/Research Course: Masters Degree
Note: Some courses may require higher entry requirements. Refer Individual Course page for details.
Applicants from USA need NOT provide additional evidence of English Language ability, if previous education was with English medium of instruction. Otherwise, an IELTS overall 6.0 with 5.5 in each component or equivalent is normally required (some courses may require a higher score).
A good honours degree or equivalent is required.