About This Course
Environmental and Soil Science with specialisations in:
- Sustainable rural, peri-urban and urban environments
- Climate change
- Biogeochemistry of soil and freshwaters
- Plant Ecophysiology
- Waste Management and Restoration
- Soil classification
- Soil biology
- Soil hydrology and physics
- Pathogenic organisms in soil
- Pollution by heavy metals
- Cycling of persistent organic pollutants in the environment
- Extreme environments (deserts, Arctic etc)
- Wetlands for Pollution Control
PhD: 3 years full-time or 5 years part-time; MPhil: 2 years full-time or 3 years part-time
We offer 'split' PhD/MPhil programmes for international students with part of the study taking place in the student's own country or a third country. Many of our British and other European students also carry out fieldwork overseas for their research.
UK Research Councils (UK students only); Foreign and Commonwealth Office (via British Council); European Union; University scholarships (UK students only); Overseas Research Student scheme; Charities and Trusts; Commonwealth Scholarships; International agencies; Overseas Government Scholarships.
A first degree or MSc in a relevant subject is required.