Lead, Innovate & Implement
Lead, Innovate and Implement 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
• Leadership in healthcare – styles and theories.
• Change management • Quality Improvement approaches • Innovation theories and frameworks • Innovation in practice, factors influencing innovation and service improvements • Facilitating innovation & change • Acting as a leaders of transformational change • Theories and application of engagement, implementation & sustainability • Human Factors • Decision making • Team working • Mentorship and /or supervision • Challenging and conflicting situations • Healthcare safety • Risk management • Governance
- Critically analyse the national quality assurance, governance, healthcare safety and quality improvement approaches and their relevance to the clinical situation.
- Critically evaluate and synthesise concepts and processes of leadership and management, change management, facilitators and barriers to change, quality improvement approaches/methodologies in relation to the delivery of healthcare and professional practice.
- Critically evaluate principles and theories of leadership and management to determine their relevance to the care setting and the provision of healthcare service.
- Critically reflect on practice experiences and identify issues which require change through quality improvement and change methodologies.
- Critically synthesise, and apply, national policy to the provision of healthcare in the UK.
Students will participate in a group question and answer with an appraisal/critical analysis of one chosen idea/approach/tool for leading and promoting quality in their own organisational context (group viva).
Quality Improvement Initiative