- Natalie Chivers
- Curator, Treborth Botanic Garden
- 01248 353398
Natalie gained a MEnvi in Environmental Science from Bangor University before training with the Royal Horticultural Society and Gothenburg Botanic Garden. She then studied for an MSc Plant Conservation at Bangor before starting as Curator in August 2015. As Curator of the Garden, Natalie has the responsibility for managing the living collections, which comprise over 2000 species.
Her key areas of responsibility include planning the future direction of the collections, overseeing the sourcing and documentation of new and diverse species and promoting the use of the collections for research and teaching. Natalie has a keen interest in garden design and has worked for designers at the Royal Chelsea Flower Show since 2014.
Natalie has also been newly appointed as Biodiversity Coordinator for the University’s Environmental Management Team.
Prospective Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
Please contact Natalie if you wish you undertake your research at Treborth Botanic Garden.
Module DXX-4016: Conservation science
- MEnvi Environmental Science – Bangor University
- Certificate of Practical Horticulture – Royal Horticultural Society
- PgD Plant Conservation – Bangor University
- Green Flag Award Judge
- Treborth Botanic Garden Management Committee
- Friends of Treborth Botanic Garden Executive Committee
- Sustainability Implementation Group
- Executive Board PlantNetwork (External)