GDPR for Researchers(In-person)
This session will outline the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. There will then be an opportunity for researchers to gain further information on specific topics relevant to their research interests, and to talk through specific scenarios.
These will include
- What are the new rules for gathering consent for research?
- How long should I be keeping my research data?
- What does GDPR say about pseudoanonymisation / anonymisation?
- What security measures should I be utilising for my research under GDPR?
- What about secondary data analysis?