Travel Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the answer to your question in this section, then please contact the Insurance Office

Question: How do I arrange travel insurance?

Answer: Complete the On-line form here.

Question: My Spouse is going too, is she/he covered?

Answer: The Travel Insurance only covers members of staff and registered students of the University

Question: What do I have to do if I lose my luggage or money?

Answer: You must report the loss to the relevant local authority (police/airline) and obtain a copy of the report

Question: Should I fill in a form EHIC (the E111 replacement) like I normally do when going abroad on holiday?

Answer: Yes, if travelling European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland. These forms are available free from post offices or on the web or via telephone at 0845 606 2030. This European Health Insurance Card will allow travellers a reduction in the costs of medical treatment via various reciprocal arrangements between the UK and other EC member countries. In the event of a claim, if you use the EHIC and submitted proof with the usual claim form the insurance company will waive the usual 25 excess.