About the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP)Find a course!
Our mission is to support mainstream accessibility to empirically underpinned mindfulness-based approaches across all economic, social, religious and political orientations. We do this by providing field leading professional training for mindfulness-based teachers; contributing to the evidence base through rigorous research and international scientific meetings; and engaging in developments that support implementation and integrity.
Our vision is through cultivating mindfulness to alleviate the effects of ill health, to enhance wellbeing, and to create the conditions in which people can flourish.
- Prioritise integrity and excellence
- Value individual learning and development
- Be courageous and pioneering
- Be humble
- Build a positive team made up of individuals who are committed to CMRP’s mission
- Embody mindfulness in the way we conduct our everyday work
- Build open honest authentic relationships internally and externally
- Be passionate and determined
- Take the long view
- Contribute to field developments in the local, national and international context
CMRP offers training to teach and professional development courses to support mindfulness teachers. Full range of courses
- Postgraduate Diploma/Masters
- Teacher Training Pathway
- Teacher Training Level 1 is our foundational teacher training course. This can be done as a one week residential training or as a 9 week course
Finding an 8 Week Course
The starting point for any of our training is to complete an 8 week MBSR or MBCT course, ideally in a group over 8 weeks. The following links may help you find an 8 week course in your area.
- Find out more about the 8 week mindfulness course here
- For courses outside our geographic area, please visit the UK network listing www.mindfulness-network.org/listingspagenew.php