About the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP)
Our mission is to support mainstream accessibility to empirically underpinned mindfulness-based approaches across all economic, social, religious and political orientations. We do this by providing field leading professional training for mindfulness-based teachers; contributing to the evidence base through rigorous research and international scientific meetings; and engaging in developments that support implementation and integrity.
Our vision is through cultivating mindfulness to alleviate the effects of ill health, to enhance wellbeing, and to create the conditions in which people can flourish.
- Prioritise integrity and excellence
- Value individual learning and development
- Be courageous and pioneering
- Be humble
- Build a positive team made up of individuals who are committed to CMRP’s mission
- Embody mindfulness in the way we conduct our everyday work
- Build open honest authentic relationships internally and externally
- Be passionate and determined
- Take the long view
- Contribute to field developments in the local, national and international context
We train people in how to deliver 8 week MBSR or MBCT courses in three main ways:
- Masters in Mindfulness
- Teacher Training Pathway (delivered in collaboration with the Mindfulness Network)
- Individual Training Events (delivered in collaboration with the Mindfulness Network)
Finding an 8 Week Course
The starting point for any of our training is to complete an 8 week MBSR or MBCT course, ideally in a group over 8 weeks. The following links may help you find an 8 week course in your area.
- Find out more about the 8 week mindfulness course here
- For courses outside our geographic area, please visit the UK network listing https://bamba.org.uk/
Development of CMRP
Listen to Dr Rebecca Crane, Centre Director, speak about the development of CMRP in a talk offered in June 2020.
We work in alignment with the standards for good practice in teaching, training and supervising laid out by the British Association for Mindfulness-Based Approaches, and by the International Mindfulness Integrity Network.
Follow CMRP on: