Join our training community and tap into a wealth of experience….
- The Center for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) was the first university based mindfulness centre in the UK, and our Master’s programme was the first in the world in this field. We were founded in 2001 following several years of development in the 1990s during the first research trial of MBCT, conducted in Bangor by Prof Mark Williams
- We have an international reputation for the quality and integrity of our training processes. There is international engagement with and interest in our research and scholarship on teacher training and competence. We actively research our training processes (see publication page) and adapt our practices accordingly
- All of our trainers are carefully chosen for their field leading experience and skill in teaching and training in mindfulness-based approaches. Several of our trainers were themselves trained directly with the developers of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) during the late 1990s and early 2000s. We carefully mentor new trainers to ensure consistency of quality. Our trainings offer depth and integrity, in the context of a rapidly expanding field.
- We get consistently excellent feedback from participants in our programmes
- Our training programme is based in the most empirically grounded mindfulness programmes – MBSR and MBCT
- We are one of the few training organisations in the UK training in MBSR
- We have excellent trainer/trainee ratios, which means you get individual connection with your trainer and personal tailored feedback on all of our teacher training courses.
- The flexibility in our courses means that you can train with us at your own pace.
- You can gain the highest award in mindfulness-based teacher training with us through both our Masters and our Continuing Professional Development routes: the Certificate of Competence in Teaching MBSR and/or MBCT
- In addition to training in MBSR and MBCT delivery we also offer trainings which support the use of mindfulness in one-to-one therapeutic contexts
- We offer a developmental training programme which will take you through the early steps of building foundational competencies in teaching mindfulness-based courses, through to deepening your skills and knowledge as you establish your teaching practice, and on to trainings for senior practitioners in supervising others
- We have specialist expertise in the application of mindfulness training in schools, for people with cancer, for parents and for people who are vulnerable to depression
- Our conferences are a major highlight within the mindfulness-based field offering cutting edge presentations on the latest research and practice developments, as well as rich networking opportunities
- North Wales is a wonderful place to spend time! It combines extraordinarily beautiful countryside with a rich cultural legacy. It has been designated the 4th best region in the world to visit in 2017 by the Lonely Planet
- Bangor is just 3 hours on a direct train from Euston