Speaking Practice Sessions
A weekly chat session will help you to:
- memorise vocabulary and patterns by using them in conversation;
- improve listening and understanding skills;
- gain confidence to use more Welsh in your work and with different people
Here's how the chat sessions will work:
- One-to-one half-hour chat with tutor once every two weeks at a convenient time for you
- Every other week:
- Level 1-3 (Entry/Foundation): half-hour chat in pairs or small group with a tutor helping
- Level 4-5 (Intermediate): half-hour chat in pairs or a small group with staff at the same level
- Level 6-7 (Advanced): a 15-20 minute chat with a Welsh speaker or small group with staff at the same level
Contact Eirian to arrange weekly conversation sessions, noting your level and availability.
Welsh for Staff
"The Cymraeg Gwaith certificate has had a really big and positive impact on my Welsh. It has helped me develop my confidence to use Welsh much more in the workplace (as my subject specific vocabulary has improved) and also in the community. Over the past 12 months I've been able to do some small group teaching and support students in Welsh, which has been really rewarding and great fun."
Dr Ross Roberts,
Senior Lecturer in Sports Psychology and Practice