Business Information Systems
Business Information Systems 2023-24
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 1
Topics may include but will not be limited to:-
- The role of Information systems in business and how they are managed.
- Online models and innovative new businesses that use e-business to a whole or greater extent. - Business systems concepts, business processes and business systems
- Networks, software, and models for effective virtual communication.
- Impact of technology on working life, including autonomous cars, and new models of working.
- How technology is changed and developed including stages in systems development projects.
- The role of security and ethics, and issues related to data privacy.
- Control and security, in networked environments.
- Role of social media on online businesses
- The impact of new technologies, including AI on the Internet of Things and FinTech.
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. -good -B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. -excellent -A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. -another level-C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Explain and illustrate the nature of business processes and database management.
- Explain the contributions of information systems to organisations.
- Identify and evaluate organisational applications of information systems.
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)
EXAM 1.5 hours
COURSEWORK Individual assignment The implications of Business Information Systems 2000 words