School Of History, Law And Social Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The module will provide students with the opportunity to develop their research skills; an opportunity to develop their skills of written and oral presentation; and an opportunity to research a topic in more depth than is otherwise possible during their undergraduate studies.
- Demonstrate the ability to present ideas and reasoned arguments orally using a short focused presentation including using use information technology programme such as PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate reasoned and clearly structured written arguments on a legal topic succinctly using appropriate referencing systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, explain, and articulate arguments in a problem area.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently conduct sustained and focused research on a selected legal topic in order to create a well-balanced argument.
- Identify, obtain, critically review, and analyse relevant legal and associated materials from various sources.