Humans: Structure & Function
Humans: Structure and Function 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 2
During the course of this module students will cover several core concepts of relevance to human physiology and anatomy:
- The hierarchy and organisation of the body.
- The body's defenses.
-threshold -D- to D+A threshold student should have basic knowledge of the essential facts and key concepts presented in the module. The work incompletely covers the module material and there may be no argument and lack of examples & support.
-good -B- to B+A good student should have a thorough factual knowledge across all aspects of the module, and be able to detail examples where appropriate. The work shows a thorough understanding based on the presented material. The argument is logic and well supported.
-excellent -A- to AAn excellent student should have a thorough factual knowledge across all aspects of the module and be able to detailed examples where appropriate, supported by additional reading and knowledge drawn from other modules. Evidence of critical thinking and wider reading is essential for A+ and A marks.
- Students will be able to describe the defenses employed by the body to prevent disease.
- Students will be able to relate the nutritional requirements of humans to health and disease.
- Students will be able to understand the hierarchy of organisation which exists in humans.
- Students will be able to understand the role of homeostasis in health.
Exam (Centrally Scheduled)
Critical Thinking Case Studies.