Advanced Clinical Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Enw: Advanced Clinical Practice
- Cymhwyster: MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Hyd: MSc: 3 years part-time.
Please note: Only professionals registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) in the UK may be admitted onto this course.
This course aims to extend your scientific and professional knowledge in order to provide the skills needed to synthesise literature and research findings applicable to your own discipline.
This MSc programme has been developed in collaboration with professional health and social care organisations in the UK. The programme has been designed for health professionals who wish to study at an advanced level to increase their knowledge, skills and attributes so that they can contribute to modern day health and social care challenges. The modernisation of the NHS and the extended role of the professional requires the professional to be a flexible, competent professional practitioner who is able to use complex decision making skills and has a wide knowledge base.
The programme has been developed to enhance the professional knowledge of physiological and pathophysiological processes which, together with social and psychological phenomena, underlie health and disease.
To develop autonomous postgraduates with advanced professional knowledge and skills, who will have a vital role in the new NHS and other organisations both in the UK and internationally.
- To acquire the level of knowledge and skills which gives confidence and enhances the individual’s ability to become a dynamic and creative innovator, change agent and leader.
- To further develop the cognitive skills and intellectual pursuits which postgraduate level work is designed to enhance such as critical analysis, synthesis, evaluation of professional issues and practice.
- To develop skills in creative thinking and reappraisal of opinions and values related to their profession.
- To provide opportunities for professionals to develop their own knowledge and skills in relation to their practice.
- To foster critical understanding of political, philosophical and socio-economic issues in the UK and internationally.
- To empower practitioners to participate as equal team members in multi-professional organisations.
- To develop leadership qualities and clear accountability for services and partnerships at all levels.
- To encourage the dissemination of ‘best practice’ in professional roles and support innovation in participating practices.
- To develop research knowledge and skills to enable practitioners to critically appraise health and social care research, and conduct small scale research studies relevant to their own professional practice.
Intended programme outcomes
The programme draws upon relevant contemporary policy and academic research, applied to the UK and internationally.
The programme outcomes are a statement of what graduates should know and be able to do on completion of the programme.
This specification provides a concise summary of the main features of the programme and the learning outcomes that a typical student might reasonably be expected to achieve and demonstrate if s/he takes full advantage of the learning opportunities provided.
The Programme provides opportunities for students to develop:
- theoretical knowledge and understanding;
- cognitive skills and the following key transferable skills:
- information technology
- problem solving skills.
Overall, the intended outcomes are summatively assessed through assignments, in the form of essays, reports, research proposal and paper, and individual and group presentations. There are no examinations. The individual modules have varying degrees of formative assessment.
The choice of teaching methods used on the course has been influenced by the basic principle of adult learning, which is most effective if it is linked with the students’ existing experiences and demands their participation in the learning process. A variety of methods might be employed in any single teaching and learning process; it is thus intended that individual student learning styles will be accommodated.
The professional and life experiences which students bring provide a valued and valuable resource for learning; methods used will seek to capitalise on this rich resource and encourage learner participation.
Students wishing to can exit the programme after achieving either a PG Certificate or PG Diploma if they don’t wish to undertake the full MSc.
Rhoddir cynnwys y cwrs ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid.
Core modules include:
- Consultation and History Taking
- Physical Examination and Diagnostics
- Biology and Physiology
- Research Methods
- Statistics Independent Prescribing
If you wish to achieve your MSc you will need to complete successfully your research dissertation.
Modiwlau y flwyddyn yma
Rhoddir rhestr modiwlau ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid. Gweld y modiwlau mae ein myfyrwyr yn astudio ar tudalen Modiwlau Advanced Clinical Practice.
Prospective applicants should hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (of 2(ii) or above), and/or mature student status with appropriate professional qualifications.
IELTS: 7.0 (with no element below 7.0) is required.
Sut i wneud Cais
Gallwch nawr wneud cais ar-lein ar gyfer holl raglenni ôl-raddedig trwy ddysgu a rhaglenni ymchwil ôl-raddedig y Brifysgol (gan eithrio TAR, Diploma mewn Therapi Galwedigaethol a DClinPsy).
Cam 1 – Paratoi i wneud cais
- Gallwch wneud cais eich hunain gyda cymorth ein Nodiadau Canllaw ar ymgeisio ar-lein. Rydym yn argymell yn gryf eich bod yn darllen rhain cyn i chi wneud cais ar-lein.
Cam 2 – Gwneud cais ar-lein
Ar ôl i chi ddarllen y Nodiadau Canllaw, dylech wneud cais gan ddefnyddio ein Gwasanaeth Derbyniadau Ar-lein.
Er mwyn ichi weld a chwblhau’r ffurflen gais yn Gymraeg bydd angen i chi sicrhau bod y gosodiad iaith ar eich porwr dewisol wedi ei osod ar Gymraeg. I gael canllawiau ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn cliciwch yma (cyswllt â chwestiynau a ofynnir yn aml ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn yn Firefox, IE a Google Chrome)
Wedi i chi gwblhau y ffurflen gais ar-lein bydd rhaid i chi ddarparu copiau o nifer o ddogfennau (wedi eu tystio os nad oes gennych y dogfennau gwreiddiol), megis trawsgrifiadau academaidd, tystysgrifon gradd, cadarnhad o gymorth ariannol.
Am wybodaeth bellach neu gyngor am wneud cais, cysylltwch â’r Swyddfa Derbyniadau Ôl-raddedig.
Ffôn: +44 (0)1248 383717
Pryd i wneud cais
Bydd y Brifysgol yn derbyn ceisiadau drwy gydol y flwyddyn ond byddwn yn gyffredinol yn eich annog i anfon eich cais cyn diwedd mis Mehefin. Mae hyn yn rhoi cyfle i chi wneud trefniadau ariannol a/neu lety ac i chi fedru cael gafael ar drawsgrifiadau a geirda os nad ydych wedi eu hanfon gyda’r cais gwreiddiol.
Cysylltu â ni
Funded opportunites may be available for some students to enter this programme. Please contact the School for further information.
Doctor in Healthcare (DHealthCare) / PGDip / PGCert
Doctorate in Public Health (DHealthCare)
Masters by Research
- Advanced Clinical Practice (AHP) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced HEMS Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Applied Health Research MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Dementia Studies MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Leading Quality Improvement MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Mental Health Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Midwifery Studies MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (1 year, full-time / 2 years, part-time) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (3 years, part-time) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Acute Medical Care PGCert
- Acute Surgical Care PGCert
- Contraception / Associated Health PGCert
- Critical Care PGCert
- Diabetes Care and Management PGCert
- Examination of the Newborn PGCert
- Legal and Ethical Concepts in Healthcare and Social Care PGCert
- Mental Health PGCert
- Optimising Breastfeeding PGCert
- Optimising Childbirth PGCert
- Palliative Care Practice PGCert