Bangor University was ranked 3rd in the UK for student accommodation in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019.
We currently have around 2,800 rooms available. All of our accommodation is self-catered and the majority of our halls have en-suite bathrooms.
Most of our halls are currently situated on the Ffriddoedd Village and the St. Mary’s student village which opened in September 2015.
Guaranteed accommodation for international students
All international undergraduate and postgraduate students starting in Bangor University for the first time will be guaranteed on campus accommodation provided that you apply and submit your accommodation application before the deadline
The deadline for undergraduate students is 31 July. Postgraduate students must submit their accommodation application and achieve ‘unconditional’ status before 07 August to be guaranteed university accommodation.
For full terms and conditions about guaranteed accommodation, click here.
Why live in halls?
We believe that living in halls will give you the best start to your university life. Here are just a few reasons why:
- You’ll meet new people, make new friends easily and enjoy a sense of community.
- You’re guaranteed a place in our halls if you’re a first-year student: just make sure you apply before the deadline, July 31st.
- Rated best in the UK for quality of accommodation by the WhatUni Student Awards.
- Standard and en-suite accommodation available.
- Within walking distance of University buildings and the city centre.
- Support includes Senior Wardens, a large team of Mentors and 24/7 Security Staff.
- Bangor has a lower cost of living than many parts of the UK and our Hall fees reflect this.
- Prices include all bills for internet, heating, electricity, insurance and water.
- Prices also include Gym and Campus Life membership.
Gym and Campus Life membership included
All students living in University owned accommodation receive Gym and Campus Life membership included in the price of their halls.
For more information about our halls of residence, and to find out how to apply for a room, visit the Accommodation website.
Where is the accommodation?
All residential sites in Bangor are within walking distance of the city centre and main university departments – our halls are so convenient you won’t have to spend your money on bus fares or petrol to travel to and from halls. If you’ve visited us on an Open Day, you may have already visited halls at the Ffriddoedd Village.