Available for all postgraduate taught courses starting in September 2022 and January 2023
Number of Scholarships
9 for September 2022 (one scholarship available for each academic school)
1 for January 2023
- The Vice-Chancellor scholarship is for outstanding international applicants with an Excellent Academic Background – achieved or on course to achieve the equivalent of a UK 1st class Bachelors degree.
- Demonstrated commitment towards sustainable development in your own country and working towards supporting future generations.
- You must be self-funding. Candidates who are fully sponsored by a third party will not be entitled to this Scholarship.
- Only open to students paying International Tuition Fee Levels.
- Not open to EU applicants. Please see EU scholarships.
- The above scholarship is available for full-time on-campus courses only. (Students who start their studies online due to Covid-19 will remain eligible for the scholarship)
- Not open to students studying at Bangor University International College (BUIC).
How to apply
Step 1: You MUST have an offer to study at Bangor University before you can apply.
Step 2: Check your Eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed below.
Step 3: Complete the Vice-Chancellor scholarship application form before the deadline (15 May 2022, 5pm UK time).
Step 4: Eligible applications will be forwarded to the academic school to make a decision, and successful candidates will be informed by the 15th June, 2022.
Step 5: Scholarship winners will be required to complete a scholarship acceptance form and pay their tuition fee deposit (listed on your offer letter) within two weeks of the scholarship offer.
15th May, 2022 –at 5pm UK time
Conditions (for all scholarship winners)
- Students must have met all the academic and other conditions of their offer by 1st September, 2022 (unless studying a Pre-sessional English course with ELCOS).
- Recipients will be expected to become scholarship ambassadors, contributing to University promotion both as student and in later years as alumni.
- The scholarship is only valid for students starting their studies in September 2022 or January 2023 and cannot be carried over to the following academic year.
- The scholarships will be awarded as a discount in your tuition fees.
- This scholarship will replace any other Bangor University Scholarships already awarded. It will not be awarded in addition to any other scholarship.
- All scholarships will be awarded entirely at the University's discretion.
For further details, you may contact the Regional Manager responsible for your country.