The Vice-Chancellor scholarship is for outstanding international applicants with:
- You must be self-funding. Candidates who are fully sponsored by a third party will not be entitled to this Scholarship.
- Only open to students paying International Tuition Fee Levels.
- Not open to EU applicants. Please see EU scholarships.
- The above scholarship is available for full-time on-campus courses only.
- Not open to students studying at Bangor University International College (BUIC).
- Not open to Non-graduating students e.g. Study Abroad
How to apply
Step 1: You MUST have an offer to study at Bangor University before you can apply.
Step 2: Check your Eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed below.
Step 3: Complete the Vice-Chancellor scholarship application form before the deadline.
Step 4: Eligible applications will be forwarded to the academic school to make a decision, and successful candidates will be informed by the 15 May, 2022 (undergraduate) and 15th June 2022 (postgraduate).
Step 5: Undergraduate scholarship winners must have chosen Bangor University as their Firm Choice in UCAS or accepted their offer through our direct application system.
Step 6: To accept the scholarship you will be required to complete a scholarship acceptance form and pay a tuition fee deposit of £2,000 within two weeks of the scholarship offer.
Conditions (for all scholarship winners)
- Students must have met all the academic and other conditions of their offer by 1st September 2022 (unless studying a Pre-sessional English course with ELCOS).
- Recipients will be expected to become scholarship ambassadors, contributing to University promotion both as a student and in later years as alumni.
- The scholarship is only valid for students starting their studies in September 2022 (also January 2023 for postgraduate applicants) and cannot be carried over to the following academic year.
- The scholarships will be awarded as a discount in your tuition fees.
- The scholarship will be awarded for year 1 only. No scholarship will be awarded in subsequent years.
- This scholarship will replace any other Bangor University Scholarships already awarded. It will not be awarded in addition to any other scholarships (including the alumni discount scholarship).
- All scholarships will be awarded entirely at the University's discretion.
Further informationFor further details, you may contact the Regional Manager responsible for your country.