Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information

Visas for graduation

To come to the UK to attend graduation, anyone who is a ‘visa national’ will need to apply for a visitor visa. If you are not sure if you or your guests are ‘visa nationals’, check ‘Do I need a visa?’. If you do need a visa, there is more information about how to apply from your own country in the Tourist and Short Visit Visa section of the UKVI webpages. Most students and guests would normally apply for a ‘Standard Visitor’ visa to come to the UK to attend the graduation ceremony.

For information about graduation, see the Graduation web pages.

Additional documents

The full list of supporting documents required for a visitor visa application can be found on the UKVI web pages, but here is a list of suggested documents which are specifically related to graduation:

Graduation registration (and guest ticket) confirmation email
In April, the University will notify you when you should register for graduation. You should register via MyBangor. You can also request two guest tickets, if required.

Visa letter from Bangor University
The Academic Registry issue these letters. You should request a visa letter to support your visa application by sending an email to:

Other documents
If you are already in the UK, and it is only your guests that are applying for visas, then you could also send them an invitation letter from yourself to support their application. See the ‘Family and Friends’ section of our web pages for more information.

The International Student Support Team is always happy to answer any visa questions you might have: