Train to Teach Mindfulness
Which training route is best for me?
We offer training for teaching both Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR), and a range of other training processes to support integrating mindfulness into professional practice. If you are interested in training to be a mindfulness-based course teacher we have three training routes to choose from. On this website you will find a lot of information to help you decide which one is right for you.
Both the Postgraduate route and the Teacher Training Pathway (TTP) lead to the ‘Certificate of Competence in teaching MBSR/MBCT”, both take around 4 years to complete, and are approximately the same cost. The main difference is that the Postgraduate route also leads to an academic qualification, and allows you to also explore the theory behind Mindfulness-based approaches, and you attend specific teaching days throughout the year with the same cohort of students, whereas the TTP is a more flexible approach which allows you to choose which retreats and workshops you attend. Which one you choose depends on what fits best with your life circumstances and learning style. This table highlights the main differences between the two routes
- Our part-time Master’s Programme. This leads to an academic qualification (diploma or Masters) plus the Certificate of Competency in Teaching Mindfulness-Based Courses
- Our Teacher Training Pathway. This leads to a recognised Certificate of Competency in Teaching Mindfulness-Based Courses. This route combines flexibility with the structure of a defined training route.
- Informal Training Route supported by our stand alone Continuing Personal and Professional Development (CPPD) training events. This does not lead to an assessment of teaching or a certificate of competence. Certificates of attendance are given for courses completed. This route is particularly suitable for you if you are in a context where you can get local support and supervision to sustain your development in between training events.
In addition to training MBCT and MBSR teachers we also offer:
- Training for those interested in integrating mindfulness into individual therapeutic practice and one-to-one work.
- A range of inspirational Masterclasses on a diversity of themes.